Python in Chinese

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Aug 13 13:51:58 EDT 2007

Paul McGuire schrieb:
> Back in May, there was quite an extensive discussion of whether or not
> Python should support Unicode identifiers (with the final result being
> that this would be supported in Python 3).  In my periodic googling
> for pyparsing users, I stumbled upon Zhpy, a preprocessor that renders
> on the fly Chinese Python keywords and indentifiers written using
> traditional Chinese characters into ASCII counterparts, and then
> executes the resulting script.

Interesting!

Notice what they do to the identifiers - when translating to "English",
the just number them. I wonder what this will do to backtraces,
cross-module imports, and such...

With Python 3, they can restrict themselves to just translating
keywords, and leave all identifiers in place.

Regards,
Martin