'REPL' style IDE

beginner zyzhu2000 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 13:50:49 EDT 2007

Hi Everyone,

I am using the Wing IDE. It works great when developing applications,
but the workflow is like Visual Studio -- after you execute it or
debug it, the python script ends.

What I want is an interactive interpreting environment. I want the IDE
to execute a boot script to initialize my environment and create some
basic data objects. And then I want to be able to type in command on
the command line using these objects. The IDLE that comes with Python
does this, but compared with Wing, it does not have a lot of the
convenient features.

I am wondering if there is anything more powerful than IDLE that can
do this.

Thanks,
Geoffrey