GUI and distrubution

Basilisk96 basilisk96 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 23:37:18 EDT 2007

On Aug 24, 12:53 pm, anders <anders.u.pers... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have looked att Python onwww.showmedo.com
> And after this i start testing writing som program i Python.
> But...
>
> So how is the preferably way to distribute software written i Python
> i am NOT into hiding stuff, more a easy way of giving eg friends
> a copy of the program without having them installtion a lott
> och other stuff.
>
> My next question is witch is the best GUI to use, also consider
> the delivery question above.
>
> // Anders

Indeed a popular set of questions; but what is your platform? Without
that information, I'll just give you my biased opinion: wxPython GUI
toolkit, py2exe for distribution, and WiX or Inno Setup for the
installer. Now, you guess what my platform is ;-)

Once you get comfortable writing a few py2exe setup scripts, try
Andrea Gavana's GUI2Exe - it makes the distribution process a bit less
painful.

Of course, you're welcome to search for other stuff as suggested by
the other responses.

Cheers,
Basilisk96