The Future of Python Threading

brad byte8bits at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 12:08:32 EDT 2007

Justin T. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> While I don't pretend to be an authority on the subject, a few days of
> research has lead me to believe that a discussion needs to be started
> (or continued) on the state and direction of multi-threading python.

This is all anecdotal... threads in Python work great for me. I like
Ruby's green threads too, but I find py threads to be more robust. We've
written a tcp scanner (threaded connects) and can process twenty ports
on two /16s (roughly 171K hosts) in about twenty minutes. I'm happy with
that. However, that's all I've ever really used threads for, so I'm
probably less of an expert than you are :) I guess it comes down to what
you're doing with them.

Brad