Issues of state

greg greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Aug 8 07:53:28 EDT 2007

Paul Rubin wrote:
> I'm not sure what you're getting at in this context.  You can write a
> desktop app where the window system communicates with a gui toolkit
> through a socket (at least that's how X windows works)

An X server connection is *much* more stateful than
an HTTP one. It persists throughout the entire use
session of the application, for one thing, and there
is heaps of state being kept on both sides of the
connection. There's also a very high communication
bandwidth between them. There's really no comparison.

--
Greg