Python question (PyNoob)

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sun Aug 19 20:42:34 EDT 2007

Anonymous wrote:

> I have exp with C/C++ (and a few other langs). I want to use Python to
> start doing the ff:
>
> 1). Data Munging (text processing) - instead of Perl
> 2). Automating my build process
> 3). (Possibly) some web data retrieval jobs
>
> Can anyone point me to resurces/possibly scripts that can get me up to
> speed (to do these 3 things) ASAP, without having to learn the basics of
> programming?

That isn't possible without saying what it is that you actually want done.

Besides, the point of specifically choosing Python here for such tasks
would be your ability to manipulate them and write your own.  If tools
already exist that do what you need, which languages they were written
in would be completely irrelevant.

  San Jose, CA, USA && 37 20 N 121 53 W && AIM, Y!M erikmaxfrancis
   Never had very much to say / Laugh last, laugh longest
    -- Des'ree