desperately in need of a tool

yagyala mbrown at phys.ksu.edu
Sun Aug 19 17:53:38 EDT 2007

Hi.

I recently started working for a company that has just implemented its
first set of software standards. So far, so good. Here's the problem:
one of those standards is that the comments for each routine must
indicate every other routine that it calls. As I try to keep my
routines small, and factor out methods alot, this can lead to an
enormous ammount of extra typing. I really, really, really don't want
to do this by hand. Does anyone know of a tool that could do this for
me, or at least a tool that can tell what other routines a given
routine calls that I could program against? (Preferably something that
works under pydev, but I'm not going to be choosy.)

I'm sure some will wonder about the reasoning of this standard. The
company primarily has experience writing scientific alogorythms which
can get rather long. It makes a bit more sense to document all
routines called for a very long routine, but for short routines that
primarily call other routines, as most mine do, well....

Thanks.