yet another indentation proposal

Aaron cajnnjonaj at fjireanjtjprodjuctijons.com
Sun Aug 19 12:22:14 EDT 2007

"Paddy" <paddy3118 at googlemail.com> wrote in message
news:1187538922.849174.94870 at 19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com...

> Oh wow. it never crossed my mind...
>
> Can screen reaaderss be customized?
> Maybe their is a way to get the screen reader to say indent and dedent
> at thee appropriate places?
> Or maybe a filter to put those wordds into the source?
>
> - Paddy.

Interestingly enough, there is a feature in my screenreader that purports to
do just that, but it has proven unreliable at best.  I think a filter to
insert an indent indicator at the beginning of each line would not be too
practical, as it would make copy and paste operations from one indentation
level to another rather tedious (you'd have to add or remove one or more
indicators from each line of code).

Finally, just to be clear, I do not want to change the way 99.9% of Python
code is written.  I feel that the indentation model is a good one for 99.9%
of users.  What I do want to do is simply give the Python interpreter a tiny
bit more flexibility to handle code from users or environments where
indentation is not possible or practical.

Aaron

--
To reply directly, remove j's from email address.