Co-developers wanted: document markup language

Torsten Bronger bronger at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Aug 24 05:04:33 EDT 2007

Hallöchen!

Paul Rubin writes:

> Torsten Bronger <bronger at physik.rwth-aachen.de> writes:
>
>> The differences to LaTeX are explained comprehensively on the
>> webpage, and actually LaTeX is the real competitor rather than
>> reStructuredText.
>
> TeX/LateX have been around forever and are well established
> standards, as awful as they are.  Why do we want ANOTHER markup
> language?

Well, because they are awful.  ;-)  I don't see that there is a
bunch of already existing projects, in fact, I don't see anyone
challenging LaTeX at all.  However, competition is a good thing, and
I think there are enough aspects about LaTeX that can be done better
so that this project is worth being done.

Tschö,
Torsten.

                                      Jabber ID: bronger at jabber.org
                      (See http://ime.webhop.org for ICQ, MSN, etc.)