MySQLdb ImportError

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Fri Aug 31 11:02:35 EDT 2007

Sjoerd wrote:
> Hello!
>
> When I try to import the MySQLdb lib python generates an error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
>     import MySQLdb
>   File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\MySQLdb\__init__.py", line 19,
> in <module>
>     import _mysql
> ImportError: DLL load failed with error code 193
>
> This is on a AMD64 bit machine, when I import it on a 32 bit machine
> it works fine.
> Is there anyway to fix this? Is there a build for AMD64 bit machines
> or is there simply no way
> that I can get MySQLdb working on it?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Sjoerd

I'm not aware of a current build for that architecture (and your
assumption that the load fails because of the architecture mismatch is
correct).

It is possible to build the module yourself if it's important enough. I
remember doing this some time ago with the Microsoft free compiler kit,
for example.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119