list index()

TheFlyingDutchman zzbbaadd at aol.com
Fri Aug 31 00:33:43 EDT 2007

On Aug 30, 9:06 pm, "Carsten Haese" <cars... at uniqsys.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 20:17:00 -0700, zzbbaadd wrote
>
> > Well IN was what I was looking for and would have saved this thread.
> > However I don't believe IN showed up on the doc web page that has
> > list methods, where I found index().
>
> They're not on the exact same page, but index() is in section 3.6.4 of the
> library reference (http://docs.python.org/lib/typesseq-mutable.html), whereas
> "in" is in section 3.6 of the library reference
> (http://docs.python.org/lib/typesseq.html). I'm wondering how you managed to
> find subsection 3.6.4 without finding section 3.6.

www.google.com

search "python list methods"

first search find:

5. Data Structures
The list methods make it very easy to use a list as a stack, where the
last element added .... Another useful data type built into Python is
the dictionary. ...
http://docs.python.org/tut/node7.html

"The list data type has some more methods. Here are all of the methods
of list objects:"