Finding gurus (was Re: Something in the function tutorial confused me.)

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sat Aug 11 10:04:04 EDT 2007

Aahz wrote:
> In article <1i2nhnv.2y00l5173lfbbN%aleax at mac.com>,
> Alex Martelli <aleax at mac.com> wrote:
>> Because of this, a Google search for
>>
>>  "<name> <surname>" python
>>
>> may sometimes help; when you get 116,000 hits, as for "Steve Holden"
>> python, that may be a reasonable indication that the poster is one of
>> the world's Python Gurus (in fact, the winner of the 2007 Frank WIllison
>> Award -- congratulations, Steve!!!).
>
> Sometimes that precise search pattern isn't appropriate, of course.  ;-)

Of course, Alex didn't mention that there are actually 117,000 hits, and
the last thousand have nothing to do with programming ;-)

Alex, thanks for your congratulations, as no public announcement has yet
been made (apart from at OSCON) I haven't mentioned the Frank Willison
Award until now. The certificate arrived this week, and I am humbled by
the honor.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119