Server-side scripting in python

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at wtf.websiteburo.oops.com
Fri Aug 24 11:05:12 EDT 2007

olive a écrit :
>> Yes : have a look at Pylons too. It's actually quite less 'polished'
>> than Django, but it's IMHO going in the right direction (as a matter of
>> fact, Turbogears 2.0 - another well-known Python MVC framework -  will
>> be based on Pylons...). Django is clearly more oriented toward
>> content-management, which might not be what you want for this project.
>
> this opinion about Django is a little bit dated

Possibly. I worked with pre 1.0 versions, then switched to other
solutions (there were things I didn't like that much in Django...
personal taste, not a criticism).

> Django is really multi-purpose and is rarely use as a CMS,
(snip)
> I would use Plone instead as a general CMS.

I meant it was more oriented toward *building* CMS - not that it was a
CMS by itself.

And as far as I'm concerned, I would not use Plone without *really*
needing such a heavyweight thingie (and yes, I do have recent working
experience with Plone...).