replacement for string.printable

John K Masters johnmasters at oxtedonline.net
Wed Aug 15 18:15:12 EDT 2007

On 19:03 Wed 15 Aug     , Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 19:56:01 +0100, John K Masters wrote:
>
> > From what I have read the string module is obsolete and [???]
>
> The `string` module isn't obsolete.  It even contains a more or less
> recent new addition: `Template`.  Only the functions that are also
> available as methods on `str` are deprecated.
>
> Ciao,
> 	Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch
> --

help('string')

DESCRIPTION
Warning: most of the code you see here isn't normally used nowadays.
Beginning with Python 1.6, many of these functions are
implemented as methods on the standard string object. They used to be
implemented by a built-in module called strop, but strop is now
obsolete itself.

<quote> Beginning with Python 1.6 </quote>

We are now way past 1.6. Are you sure the string module is still being
added to?

Regards, John
--
War is God's way of teaching Americans geography
Ambrose Bierce (1842 - 1914)