wxPython before MainLoop

Chris Mellon arkanes at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 08:57:55 EDT 2007

On 8/13/07, [david] <david at nospam.spam> wrote:
> Well yes, I have tried this app with native windows,
> and I know how to do it.

I don't believe you. If you meant "I copied something that does this
off of code project", that I'll believe.

> But if all wxPython can offer is a poor imitation
> of MFC, I'm better off using MFC aren't I?

MFC offers no special support at all for anything you're doing.
wxPython actually does have some, but that may or may not be helpful
since you haven't been exactly clear as to what your needs are (Show()
should never be slow, and if it is you're doing something wrong) and
you've got an egregiously bad attitude that cuts my interest in
helping you down rather a lot.

> And too all those people who wrote back to insist
> that users MUST explicitly build a multi-threaded
> framework for wxPython:
>
> It's supposed to already be a framework :~)

wxPython doesn't *need* a multi-threading framework. It's got a
threadsafe way to schedule events, and the Python standard library has
all the other synchronization primitives you need, including a queue.
There's nothing special that needs to be done to it. Nobody told you
to "build a multi-threaded framework", they told you to use the
threading framework which already exists.