Script to copy database

Laurent Pointal laurent.pointal at limsi.fr
Tue Aug 14 09:10:51 EDT 2007

Tony a écrit :
> I'm new at this and would like to know how set up a script to copy a
> database from a local computer to a network at a certain time everyday.
> Should be simple enough, but, as of now I am unfamiliar with how to do this.
> Would this be done by writing a script and setting up a  scheduled task to
> run the script?  Can anyone help me with the script?  Just need it to copy
> an Access database from the local C: drive to a network F: drive.
>
> Thanks,
> Tony

As you wrote about c: and f:, I imagine you are working under Windows.
IMHO you dont need Python for that.

domybackup.bat

copy c:\mypathtothefile\thefile.xxx F:\mypathdobackudir\

And use your "planificateur de taches" (its corresponding english
control panel) to setup a periodic call to this batch file, eventually
associate an ad-hoc account to the task, so that the batch can access
the file to backup.

If you need more (ie. network access to setup/clean), here is a copy of
a script I use to export (using a Python script) an Access database.
Just replace the call to the Python script by a simple call to copy xxx
yyyy.

@echo off
REM LANCEMENT DE L'EXPORT DE LA BASE ADMINISTRATIVE EN MODE TACHE
REM DE FOND (BATCH).

SET EXPORTS_BATCH=1
REM Parametres pour se connecter a la machine de transfert.
SET EXPORTS_HOST=thecomputer
SET EXPORTS_SHARE=data
SET EXPORTS_DRIVE=O:
SET EXPORTS_USER=theremotuser
SET EXPORTS_PASSWD=theremotepasswd
REM Montage du volume.
REM le start pour permettre d'attendre que le montage soit effectif.
START /wait NET USE %EXPORTS_DRIVE% \\%EXPORTS_HOST%\%EXPORTS_SHARE%
%EXPORTS_PASSWD% /USER:%EXPORTS_USER% /PERSISTENT:No
IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO erreur_montage

REM Parametres pour le script Python.
SET SCRIPT_EXPORT="C:\Documents and Settings\myaccount\My
Documents\mybexport.py"
SET DSN_BASE_ADMIN=mydbaccound
SET LOGIN_BASE_ADMIN=mydbpasswd
SET PATH_FICHIERS_EXPORTS=%EXPORTS_DRIVE%\
REM Variables d'environnement eventuellement utiles...
SET TEMP=%PATH_FICHIERS_EXPORTS%
SET TMP=%PATH_FICHIERS_EXPORTS%
REM Lancement du script Python qui realise l'export.
C:\Tools\Python24\python.exe %SCRIPT_EXPORT%

REM Deconnexion du volume.
NET USE %EXPORTS_DRIVE% /DELETE

goto termine

:erreur_montage
ECHO "Erreur %ERROR_LEVEL% au montage de
\\%EXPORTS_HOST%\%EXPORTS_SHARE% en lecteur %EXPORTS_DRIVE%."

:termine