Where do they tech Python officialy ?

Alex Martelli aleax at mac.com
Thu Aug 2 01:29:30 EDT 2007

Alex Popescu <nospam.themindstorm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you seen/heard of Jim lately? Cause I haven't. By the time he was
> the lead of the AspectJ team his charismatic presence was everywhere (at
> least around that project).

He wasn't at OSCON this year, but I hope to see him at Pycon next year.
I don't see this as a deep dark M$ plot to kidnap and hide the best and
brightest Open Sourcers, because I know what it means to get a wonderful
challenging new job and pour all you have into it (I've had to skip a
couple Pycons, myself, though I hope to be back next year).

> However I do agree with you. The only remark is that US trends are not
> hitting my part of Eu so quickly ;-) (things are indeed changing).

About 3 years ago I was also getting sick and tired about my own part of
the EU, which is part of why I emigrated:-).  I do see things getting
better in Southern Europe, albeit from a distance.

> > These are the ones you don't wan't to work for anyway !-)
>
> Well... this is sometimes debatable :-).

A totally clueless employer may still be a way to make some quick and
dirty money right now, but it will barely be enough to pay for the extra
Maalox and Zantac you'll need.  Looking back on your life when you're
closer to retirement than to when you started working, you'll see what a
mistake it was to accept clueless-employers' offers, and how much
happier your life would have been if you'd known that up front:-).

Alex