Misleading wikipedia article on Python 3?

greg greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Aug 8 21:02:00 EDT 2007

Istvan Albert wrote:
> A solution would be writing the code with a logging function to begin
> with, alas many times that is out of one's hand.

If the code has been written with calls to a builtin
print function, the situation isn't much better. You
could monkeypatch the print function, but that's
probably worse than swapping sys.stdout.

(I agree that print should be a function, simply because
there's no strong reason for it *not* to be. But I
don't think it makes a difference to this particular
problem.)

--
Greg