Socket recv(1) seems to block instead of returning end of file.

Hendrik van Rooyen mail at microcorp.co.za
Fri Aug 24 10:44:50 EDT 2007

"Grant Edwards" <gra...si.com> wrote:

> On 2007-08-23, Dan Stromberg - Datallegro <dstr....gro.com> wrote:
>
> > Are you using sock.settimeout()?
>
> Hey, somebody snuck timeouts into the socket module when I wasn't
> looking...
>
> > I agree with Grant though - posting a minimal snippet of code that
> > replicates the problem would help us help you.  In fact, it might help you
> > help yourself :)
>
> Yup, in my experience attempting to produce a minimally failing
> example will usually reveal what's wrong.

I am now extremely frustrated - I have spent most of the day mucking
around with this, and now I have managed to lose the version that
was giving me grief, and I can't remember what I have done.

At the moment everything works, and detects remote comm loss,
no matter what I do.

So I must have done something stupid, and destroyed the evidence.

Some mothers have children.
Others have bad luck.

My apologies for chasing you up like that, and thanks to all who responded.

- Hendrik