yet another indentation proposal

O.R.Senthil Kumaran orsenthil at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Aug 19 13:52:40 EDT 2007

Hi Aaron,

> Finally, just to be clear, I do not want to change the way 99.9% of Python
> code is written.  I feel that the indentation model is a good one for 99.9%
> of users.  What I do want to do is simply give the Python interpreter a tiny
> bit more flexibility to handle code from users or environments where
> indentation is not possible or practical.

It never crossed my mind about the problem you have mentioned.
The indentation proposal that you have put forth is infact a beaten up one, and I think, python gurus did not subscribe to it. Your requirement, in fact requests to look at it from a new perspective.
We got to figure out what the different ways in which this issue can be handled.a) Screen Reader Clients. Can Screen Reader have a plugin, that will overlay a brackets to the indented code. ?
b) How does software like voicecode handle the scenario?
c) Have you spoken to other python programmers like you? I can remember 'Peter Lundblad' who works on 'svn' and I kind of feel that he must have worked on Python as well. They will be your best guide, IMHO.

--
O.R.Senthil Kumaran
http://uthcode.sarovar.org