Question on SPE and pwintypes.dll

Gerry gerard.blais at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 09:38:18 EDT 2007

   I'm running SPE 8.3.c under XP, on a new PC.

   The files for SPE and Python were copied to the new machine, but
the OS wasn't migrated, so the registry didn't know about either.

   I reinstalled Python 2.5.1, and Python seems fine.

   I made a shortcut to SPE.pyw.  Clicking on the shortcut gives an
error pop-up, application failed to start cannot find pwintypes.dll.
When I click "OK", SPE seems to start normally.

   Any idea what's up?  Googling for pwintypes.dll didn't give me any
hits.

   Gerry