Where do they tech Python officialy ?

Ant antroy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 11:16:11 EDT 2007

On Aug 1, 9:40 am, Alex Popescu <nospam.themindst... at gmail.com> wrote:
> It depends :-). In my experience I met employers being concerned by my
> implication in the oss world :-).

I have the opposite experience. It was predominantly the fact that I
was involved in several open source projects that got me into
professional development 3 years ago. The employers in the market at
the time required 2 years+ of commercial experience - the fact that I
was involved in OSS helped on two counts, firstly that it showed that
I actually have an interest in development (rather than being another
Comp Sci graduate just after a wage), and secondly that I have
experience in good development practice (the open source projects I
worked on had better infrastructure in place than two of the three
companies I've worked for since!)

--
Ant...

http://antroy.blogspot.com/