Relative-importing *

rbygscrsepda at gmail.com rbygscrsepda at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 00:03:38 EDT 2007

Thanks to everybody for replying. (I apologize for the delayed
response: my connection's been down for a week.)

Yes, I'm importing * for a reason, a good one, I think. I have a set
of modules (the number planned to reach about 400) that would be
dynamically loaded by my program as needed, and they're somewhat
similar to each other. I wish each of them to import * from a certain
"parent" module, so that they'll receive whatever functions and
variables I want all of them to share (using the parent module's
__all__), which may be overrided by the "child" modules at their
discretion. Sort of like class inheritance, but I'm not doing that
because implementing that would be a lot more tedious and less
elegant.

But if this doesn't seem to be documented, and unintended...is it a
bug? If so, how do I file it?

Thanks again!