(no) fast boolean evaluation ? missing NOT

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Fri Aug 3 10:51:17 EDT 2007

On 3 Aug, 11:45, Stef Mientki <S.Mientki-nos... at mailbox.kun.nl> wrote:

> Sorry, my question missed the essential "NOT",
> here is an example, that behaves different in Delphi,
> (so I guess Delphi is not a real language ;-)

Delphi is based on Pascal, and from what I can recall from my
university textbook, there isn't any mandatory short-circuit
evaluation in Pascal: it's an implementation-dependent feature.
Consequently, an expression involving boolean operators in such
languages may well evaluate each term (potentially causing side-
effects) before determining the final result.

Paul