Microsoft Vista and os.exec

brad byte8bits at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 15:58:52 EDT 2007

franko353 wrote:
> I have wxPython programs that work fine in Win2000/XP using os.exec().
>
> They do not work in MS Vista. Has anyone else had any luck with
> exec()?
>
> I keep getting an 'invalid option' error.
>
> It turn out it was really a security issue and I had to move to a
> "win32process.CreateProcess" solution to fix this under Vista.
>
> There is a good example of using CreateProcess in the "Python
> programming on Win32" book.

I've also had issues with Vista... mine have to do with the execution of
scripts. I don't have a test vista box in front of me right now, all of
my vmware vistas have deactivated me into 'reduced functionality mode'.
  Basically, on XP, when I execute a script it runs in the directory
that it executed in, but in Vista, it executes elsewhere... I don't
remember where exactly right off the top of my head. Other than that
issue it seems to work fine even with wxPython.