Newbee Question

hd1956 at yahoo.com hd1956 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 21 12:52:11 EDT 2007

On Aug 21, 4:38 am, Ant <ant... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 20, 11:47 pm, hd1... at yahoo.com wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the help. By the way I am trying to learn the python after
> > work and on weekends. If it was a dumb question, to this group, I will
> > not bother you all again.
>
> It's not so much that it was a dumb question, but that it was asked in
> a dumb way :-) You'll get the most help in this group if you can show
> some evidence that you've had a go (the size of this thread ironically
> trounces that argument of course ;-) .)
>
> It's better to learn if people give you a critique of your own attempt
> at the code, rather than looking at other peoples efforts. There's a
> guide on how to ask good questions here:http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>
> For what it's worth, here's a gratuitous version using generators, and
> one you should come back to once you've mastered the basics of Python:
>
> def counter(std_rate, over_rate, limit):
>     stops = 0
>     while True:
>         stops += 1
>         wage = stops * std_rate + max(0, stops - limit) * (over_rate -
> std_rate)
>         yield stops, wage
>
> truck = counter(0.4, 1.4, 22)
>
> for i in range(30):
>     print "Stopped %s times, with accumulated wage of $%s" %
> truck.next()
>
> --
> Ant...
>
> http://antroy.blogspot.com/
I tryed your code and got an error message #I use Wing IDE:
Python 2.2.3 (#42, May 30 2003, 18:12:08) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)]

Evaluating lines 1-16 from truckStops.py
<string>:7: Warning: 'yield' will become a reserved keyword in the
future
Could not execute because an error occurred:
  invalid syntax: <string>, line 7, pos 19:
          yield stops, wage