creating a tar file with python

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Fri Aug 24 00:00:37 EDT 2007

Steve Holden wrote:
> Brian McCann wrote:
>>
>> <mailto:brian.mccann at viziant.net>
>> Steve,
>>
>> I ran the code as you suggested, didn't work, tried variations of it
>> didn't work,
>> If you don't know the answer don't pretend you do!
>>
>> Apology not accepted, please don't wake up!
>>
>> Future correspondence on any python questions from you go to trash.
>> May your pillow not have pity on your head!
>>
> Well in that case it might have been a good idea to post the error
> message you got from trying what I suggested rather than the one you got
> from your fifteenth variation on my (admittedly untested) suggestion.
>
> Not to worry, I know not to try and help you any further.
>
> Sorry my limited Python experience wasn't able to help you solve your
> problem.
>
> [plonk]
>
> regards
>   Steve
>
> PS: this reply is *much* more polite than the one that first came to
> mind, which involved making suggestions involving sex and travel. You're
> on your own from here on in. I don't like being incited to spew
> profanity on a list of people I respect.

I see you *did* post it, but then followed up with personal mail
complaining about your lack of success and quoting another unsuccessful
attempt to get your program working. naturally I received that before
reading c.l.py and seeing the post I missed.

I'm not a fucking computer, you know.  There, you *have* goaded me into
profanity. So now I'm going to follow the only sensible suggestion
you've made and get some sleep. Feel better now?

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119