Ipc mechanisms and designs.

king kikapu aboudouvas at panafonet.gr
Fri Aug 10 11:34:15 EDT 2007

Hi,

inspired of the topic "The Future of Python Threading", i started to
realize that the only way to utilize the power of multiple cores using
Python, is spawn processes and "communicate" with them.

If we have the scenario:

1. Windows (mainly) development
2. Processes are running in the same machine
3. We just want to "pass" info from one process to another. Info may
be simple data types or user defined Python objects.

what is the best solution (besides sockets) that someone can implement
so to have 2 actually processes that interchanged data between them ?
I looked at Pyro and it looks really good but i wanted to experiment
with a simpler solution.