Hot subject: a good python editor and/or IDE?

Buchoux Sébastien seb.buchoux at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 09:37:49 EDT 2007

Bjoern Schliessmann wrote:
> Sébastien wrote:
>
>> I am currently using Eclipse+PyDev when developping Python
>> projects but I lack a fast, simple editor for tiny bit of scripts.
>> So here is my question: what is, for you, the current best ( but
>> still kind of light! ) Python editor/IDE ?
>>

> vim
>
> BTW, this is an FAQ. Please look through the archives for many
> threads with many, many IDEs.
>
> Regards,
>

> Björn

Yeah, I know this is a FAQ, but, as you mention, there is a whole bunch
of editors, every one of them being updated constantly (+ the new ones
getting out). So I am quite sure that looking through the archives is
THE solution since it will only reflect what people thought when
question was asked. Just type "best Python editor" on Google and you
will see that almost all hits are completely out of date.
Fair enough though! ;)