is there anybody using __del__ correctly??

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 13:29:54 EDT 2007

On Aug 13, 6:26 pm, Steven Bethard <steven.beth... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I doubt I'd want to slow down all attribute access on my
> class just to do some cleanup, when it's probably better to just tell
> everyone to use a ``with`` block. ;-)

Amen. The point is that finding an easy upgrade path for current code
using __del__ does not look easy at all. Maybe we should be bold,
remove __del__ in Py3K, say to everybody to use 'with', and force
people to rewrite their code, ignoring the complaints from the
big frameworks guys (anyway, they are already complaining ;)

     Michele Simionato