(no) fast boolean evaluation ?

Joshua J. Kugler joshua at eeinternet.com
Thu Aug 2 20:00:17 EDT 2007

On Thursday 02 August 2007 15:19, Evan Klitzke wrote:
>> I discovered that boolean evaluation in Python is done "fast"
>> (as soon as the condition is ok, the rest of the expression is ignored).
>
> This is standard behavior in every language I've ever encountered.

Then you've never programmed in VB (at least 6, don't know if .net still
does this).  Nested IF statements. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!  Thankfully, I
program mostly in Python these days.  Haven't touched VB in years.  Maybe
you should have said:

"This is standard behavior in every real programming language."

There, that should start a flame war. :)

Joshua Kugler
Lead System Admin -- Senior Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0xDB26D7CE