The Future of Python Threading

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Fri Aug 10 09:36:23 EDT 2007

In article <mailman.1826.1186743471.22759.python-list at python.org>,
Steve Holden  <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:

>I doubt that a thread on c.l.py is going to change much. It's the
>python-dev and py3k lists where you'll need to take up the cudgels,
>because I can almost guarantee nobody is going to take the GIL out of
>2.6 or 2.7.

Actually, python-ideas is the right place for this.  Threads have been
hashed and rehashed over and over and over and over and over again
through the years; python-dev and python-3000 should not get cluttered
because another Quixote rides up.

"And if that makes me an elitist...I couldn't be happier."  --JMS