I am giving up perl because of assholes on clpm -- switching to Python

grocery_stocker cdalten at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 11:40:55 EDT 2007

On Jul 25, 12:45 pm, Martha_Jo... at tx.net wrote:
> Python is a better language, with php support, anyway, but I am fed up
> with attitudes of comp.lang.perl.misc. Assholes in this newsgroup ruin
> Perl experience for everyone. Instead of being helpful, snide remarks,
> back-biting, scare tactings, and so on proliferate and self
> reinforce. All honest people have left this sad newsgroup. Buy bye,
> assholes, I am not going to miss you!!!
>
> Martha

In the beginning there was Mathematics
And all was good
Then one day God said "Let there be the Lambda Calculus"
And hence the Lambda Calculus was born.
However, God felt the the Lambda Calculus needed a mate
So god said "Let there be Lisp"
And thus, Lisp was born.

As the years went on, god became depressed by how impure the Lisp had
become.
For from the Lisp, came Emacs Lisp, Java, Perl, Ruby, and Python.