Best programs written completly in Python

Evan Klitzke evan at yelp.com
Sun Aug 5 13:33:22 EDT 2007

On 8/5/07, Franz Steinhäusler <franz.steinhaeusler at gmx.at> wrote:
> Hello NG,
>
> wWhat are the best programs in your opinion, written entirly
> in pyhton, divided into categories like:
> a) Games
> b) Utilities/System
> c) Office
> d) Web/Newsreader/Mail/Browser

I might be a little biased, but surely Yelp.com is the best "program"
written entirely in Python ;-)

Other really cool Python projects are Launchpad
(https://launchpad.net/) and Trac (http://trac.edgewall.org/). And of
course most Linux desktop distributions (especially Ubuntu and
Redhat/Fedora) have a huge number of small components that rely on
Python entirely or to put together the frontend. Great examples of
this are Bazaar VCS and the Anaconda installer.

The Twisted project isn't a program per se, but it's written in Python
and is really incredible as well.

Google's Mondrian code review system is written in Python and looks
really amazing. I just wish I could try it out :-)

--
Evan Klitzke <evan at yelp.com>