Parser Generator?

Ryan Ginstrom software at ginstrom.com
Mon Aug 27 00:25:13 EDT 2007

> On Behalf Of Paul McGuire
>
> On Aug 26, 8:05 pm, "Ryan Ginstrom" <softw... at ginstrom.com> wrote:
> > The only caveat being that since Chinese and Japanese scripts don't
> > typically delimit "words" with spaces, I think you'd have
> to pass the
> > text through a tokenizer (like ChaSen for Japanese) before
> using PyParsing.
>
> Did you think pyparsing is so mundane as to require spaces
> between tokens?  Pyparsing has been doing this type of
> token-recognition since Day 1.

Cool! I stand happily corrected. I did write "I think" because although I
couldn't find a way to do it, there might well actually be one <g>. I'll
keep looking to find some examples of parsing Japanese.

BTW, I think PyParsing is great, and I use it for several tasks. I just
could never figure out a way to use it with Japanese (at least on the
applications I had in mind).

Regards,
Ryan Ginstrom