How to reset sys.exec_prefix?

Bryan bcc at nospam.net
Wed Aug 8 17:50:12 EDT 2007

Bryan wrote:
> Somehow on my linux box I scrood things up and I lost my python path info.
>
> If I check sys.exec_prefix or sys.prefix it shows '/usr/local/', where
> it should show '/usr/'.
>
> Is there a config file somewhere that I can change to fix this, or do I
> need to do a rebuild/reinstall?  Hope not.
>
> Thanks,

Actually to clarify a bit here's what I see:

 >>> sys.prefix
'/usr/local'
 >>> sys.path
['', '/usr/local/lib/python25.zip', '/usr/local/lib/python2.5',
'/usr/local/lib/python2.5/plat-linux2',
'/usr/local/lib/python2.5/lib-tk',
'/usr/local/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload',
'/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages',
'/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/PIL']

I am thinking that the prefix is prepended to all the paths.

All my stuff lives in 'usr/lib/python2.5', so I was hoping by just
changing my prefix it would set the rest of the paths accordingly.