Python 2.51 install on Vista "files in use"

Steve Mavronis snmavronis at comcast.net
Tue Aug 21 20:50:10 EDT 2007

I tried to install Python 2.51 on Microsoft Vista Ultimate 32-bit because I
use the 3D modeler software Blender 2.44, in case I needed additional Python
support in the future for add-on scripts.

I got a warning about "files in use" during installation that needed
updating. I aborted the install since the files were Intel Viiv and
Microsoft Vista Media Center related so didn't want to mess them up. Can
someone explain why Python wants to update those files?

Thanks in advance...