Embedding the python interpreter

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Tue Aug 28 09:03:53 EDT 2007

On 2007-08-28, Tom Gur <gur.tom at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Do you know an easy way to embed the python interpreter in a python
> program (so a non-technical user, which has no idea how to install the
> python interpreter would be able to run the script as an executable) ?

Hey,

This question is asked at least once a week.  I'm surprised you
didn't see the threads.  [It probably should be int he FAQ, but
isn't.]

http://www.py2exe.org/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cx-freeze/
http://pyinstaller.hpcf.upr.edu/cgi-bin/trac.cgi
http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/py2app/

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! Could I have a drug
                                  at               overdose?