How can I programmatically find the name of a method from within that method?

kj7ny kj7ny at nakore.com
Wed Aug 8 00:45:12 EDT 2007

Is there a way that I can programmatically find the name of a method I
have created from within that method?  I would like to be able to log
a message from within that method (def) and I would like to include
the name of the method from which it was written without having to
hard-code that value in every message string.  While we're at it, is
there a way to programmatically get the name of the class and the
module while I'm at it?

Thanks,