distutils and development workflow

Brian Blais bblais at bryant.edu
Fri Aug 3 08:50:14 EDT 2007

Hello,

I was wondering how people organize their projects while they are
developing, and packaging with distutils.  For example, so many
python packages let me download, then do "sudo python setup.py
install" and they are put in the right place.  The developers of
those packages, however, probably don't have their working copies in
their /usr/lib/python25/lib/site-packages directory, so where do they
put them so that they work during development, and they also work
when packaged with distutils?

So far, I've been hacking the python path (just for me), but it isn't
portable, so I'd like to learn how I am supposed to do it.

			thanks,

				Brian Blais

--
Brian Blais