Biased random?

Ivan Voras ivoras at __fer.hr__
Mon Aug 27 16:42:45 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have a list of items, and need to choose several elements from it,
"almost random". The catch is that the elements from the beginning
should have more chance of being selected than those at the end (how
much more? I don't care how the "envelope" of probability looks like at
this point - can be linear). I see that there are several functions in
Python standard libraries for various distribution, but is there an easy
pythonic way to make them do what I need?