status of Programming by Contract (PEP 316)?

Russ uymqlp502 at sneakemail.com
Thu Aug 30 21:18:16 EDT 2007

> Pre and post conditions applying to the class ? Now that's an
> interesting concept. IIRC, Eiffels pre and post conditions only apply to
> methods, and I fail to see how they could apply to a class. But since
> you're an expert on the subject, I don't doubt you'll enlighten us ?

I made a simple mistake. Excuse me. Oh wait ... aren't you one of the
sensitivity police who
laid into me for criticizing someone else. For the record, the guy I
criticized
made ridiculous assertions about DBC. All I did was to make a simple
mistake about
an inconsequential matter. No, pre and post conditions obviously don't
apply to classes,
but all I said was that that's how it appeared to me "at first
glance."

If you are upset about my criticism of one of your colleagues, please
tell him to quite making
outrageous assertions about something he obviously knows little about.