IDE for Python

Greg Copeland gtcopeland at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 09:14:44 EDT 2007

On Aug 21, 5:00 am, Joel Andres Granados <joel.grana... at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hello list:
>
> I have tried various times to use an IDE for python put have always been
> disapointed.
> I haven't revisited the idea in about a year and was wondering what the
> python people
> use.
> I have also foundhttp://pida.co.uk/mainas a possible solution.  Anyone
> tried it yet?
>
> suggestions.
> Regards
> Joel Andres Granados
>
>  joel.granados.vcf
> 1KDownload

Have you tried SPE?  I don't know how it compares to PyDev but SPE is
pretty slick.  It has several other tools integrated into it,
including a pretty nice debugger.  It's fairly small and loads mucho
faster than Eclipse ever will.  Best of all SPE is written completely
in Python.

http://pythonide.blogspot.com/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/spe

Personally I use XEmacs at the expense of some of the nicer IDE
features.

Greg