yet another indentation proposal

Alex Martelli aleax at mac.com
Mon Aug 20 11:43:50 EDT 2007

Jakub Stolarski <jakub.stolarski at gmail.com> wrote:

> Why not just use comments and some filter. Just write # _{ at the
> beginning and # _} at the end. Then filter just before runing
> indenting with those control sequences? Then there's no need to change
> interpreter.

As I pointed out in another post to this thread, that's essentially what
Tools/scripts/pindent.py (part of the Python source distribution) does
(no need to comment the beginning of a block since it's always a colon
followed by newline; block-end comments in pindent.py are more
informative).  Just use and/or adapt that...

Alex