Downloading multiple csv files from a website

tkpmep at hotmail.com tkpmep at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 17 09:08:37 EDT 2007

I'd like to download data from the website
http://www.russell.com/Indexes/performance/daily_values_US.asp. On
this web page, there are links to a number of .csv files, and I'd like
to download all of them automatically each day. The file names are not
visible on the page, but if I click on a link, a csv file opens in
Excel. I've searched this group and looked into urllib, but have not
found functions or code snippets that will allow me to download and
rename each file. Would someone kindly point me to appropriate
libraries/functions and/or code snippets that will get me started?

Thanks in advance

Thomas Philips