How to make a module function visible only inside the module?

Bjoern Schliessmann usenet-mail-0306.20.chr0n0ss at spamgourmet.com
Sun Aug 19 08:45:49 EDT 2007

beginner wrote:

> Thanks a lot. I was using two underscores, __module_method() as my
> static method convention, and then I had some problems calling
> them from inside class methods.

*Please* do yourself and other people that sometime may have to read
your code a favor and write code at least loosely oriented to
PEP 8.

BTW, Python has no "static methods" at module level. And I suppose
what you call "class methods" actually aren't.

Regards,

Björn

--
BOFH excuse #183:

filesystem not big enough for Jumbo Kernel Patch