Encryption and hashing

Kless jonas.esp at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 17 19:13:03 EDT 2007

On 17 ago, 20:34, Laszlo Nagy <gand... at shopzeus.com> wrote:
> > For who knows any of criptography I comment that you can use
> > algorithms as secure as Rijndael, Twofish, or Serpent with the CFB
> > cipher mode. And for hash you can use RIPEMD, SHA-2 or WHIRLPOOL.
>
> As I recall, PyCrypto can also use these, and many others. And it can
> also do RSA.

These are the algorithms supported in the last version of PyCrypto:

$ ls pycrypto-2.0.1/src/
AES.c             Blowfish.c  DES.c            IDEA.c
RIPEMD.c           winrand.c
ARC2.c            cast5.c     _dsa.c           MD2.c
_rsa.c             XOR.c
ARC4.c            CAST.c      _fastmath.c      MD4.c   SHA256.c
block_template.c  DES3.c      hash_template.c  RC5.c
stream_template.c

So it haven't Twofish, Serpent, neither Whirlpool. Neither many others.