Scipy and Mcafee Site Advisor?

John Nagle nagle at animats.com
Wed Aug 1 01:08:50 EDT 2007

David Lees wrote:
> I know scipy.org is legit and supplies widely used and useful python
> packages.  Can someone explain why my McAfee SiteAdvisor software, flags
>  scipy.org as a dangerous site?  Pardon my ignorance, but is this a
> temporary error in the SiteAdvisor database or is there some privacy
> consideration involved?  I am wondering if I should remove the
> SiteAdvisor software, because it is not particularly reliable.
>
> Puzzled.
>
> david lees

SiteAdvisor says:

(http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/scipy.org)

"After entering our e-mail address on this site, we received 81 e-mails per
week. We received 2 e-mails which contained a virus."

The scipy list maintainer says they're going to add virus scanning to the
mailing list, which should, in time, get the site a better rating.

				John Nagle