Is there a simple way to exit a while loop on keystroke?

kyosohma at gmail.com kyosohma at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 17:28:43 EDT 2007

On Aug 31, 3:55 pm, Arnaud Delobelle <arno... at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 31, 7:11 pm, gsxg <rha... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks,
> > The curses library doesn't look to helpful to me.
>
> And yet it is.
>
> --
> Arnaud

Maybe the OP is on Windows. The docs seem to indicate that the curses
module isn't for Windows (see excerpt below):

<quote>
While curses is most widely used in the Unix environment, versions are
available for DOS, OS/2, and possibly other systems as well. This
extension module is designed to match the API of ncurses, an open-
source curses library hosted on Linux and the BSD variants of Unix.
<unquote>
See also: http://docs.python.org/lib/module-curses.html

Oddly enough, I have it in my Windows distro, so it's rather
confusing. I've never used it, so I don't know if it plays nice on
Windows or not.

Mike