status of Programming by Contract (PEP 316)?

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at wtf.websiteburo.oops.com
Fri Aug 31 05:10:28 EDT 2007

Russ a écrit :
>> FWIW, the "Eiffel and SPARK Ada folks" also "brilliantly explained" why
>> one can not hope to "write reliable programs" without strict static
>> declarative type-checking.
>
> And they are probably right.

And they are obviously wrong, by empiric experience.

> I don't think you understand what they mean by "reliable
> programs."

I think you should stop over-estimating yourself, and start realizing
that there are quite a lot of experimented programmers here.

> The important question is this: why do I waste my time with bozos like
> you?

The same question is probably crossing the mind of quite a lot of people
here - but the 'bozo' might not be who you think.